Dwayne (Dopsie) Rubin hails from one of the most influential Zydeco families in the world. Although inspired by tradition, Dwayne has developed his own high energy style that defies existing stereotypes and blazes a refreshingly distinct path for 21st century Zydeco music. This singer/songwriter and accordionist has performed all over the world since debuting his band, Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers, at age 19.
The Louisiana native writes both the lyrics and music for his songs and describes the upcoming album as soulful with a touch of blues and old time zydeco feel.
Dwayne Dopsie, grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana,teaching his self how to play accordion watching videos of his father and Clifton Chenier and recording his self with a video camera and going back and watch it and playing over and over for hours until it was right . The knowledge of Dwayne’s musical ability along with zydeco Hellraisers band members are Combined, to have over 100 years of experience playing Zydeco music and it shows in every performance. The energy, true talent, and exuberance that Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers emit from stage makes it obvious that there is no competition for this band.
Not only has Dwayne’s band mastered zydeco music but he’s a
2 time Grammy nominee 2012-2018
20 time offbeat winner, best accordion,Best band, zydeco album,Best zydeco artist
Big easy award winner and Dwayne Dopsie is on the 100 reason people come back to Louisiana number 29 so there’s a a lot the Dwayne and the band can be proud of!
there music reaches everyone and is for everyone
they also add a bit of rhythm and blues, funk, rock and roll, reggae and pop to their performances, making them a very versatile choice for any audience. This Indie artist was named “The Hottest Accordionist” in America for his ability to both work the crowd and pump out musical harmony in grandiose fashion. Dwayne doesn’t confine himself to the stage; he interacts with the crowd, blurring the barrier between performer and audience. Audiences jump to their feet energized by Dwayne’s musical innovation, charismatic performance and sheer, raw talent. His ability to capture the imagination, heart and soul of his audience makes Dwayne one of today’s most dynamic performers.
Adding this band to a festival or event line-up is a must and you, too, will be just as excited as your audience as Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers take you into the realm of their on-stage fury aka Dopsie Mania.
Media Highlights Include:
• The Dolly Parton Show
• CBS This Morning
• The Travel Channel
• Discovery Channel
• Good Morning America
• The Fox Television Network News
• Univision, Rio Das Ostras, Brasil
• Music for Nikki and Nora filmed in New Orleans to air on UPN Network.
• Programa JO in South America
• The Jamie Kennedy Show - Warner Network
• Block Magazine (Netherlands), Feature Story
• Rolling Stones Magazine, New Orleans Jazz Festival
• New Years Hurricane Katrina Benefit for Bear Necessities Cancer Fund
• Mardi Gras Cover Story: Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, FL
• Cover Story: Times-Picayune New Orleans Jazz Festival
• Jornal Do Brasil, Rio Das Ostras Jazz Festival Cover Story
• Cover Story: Standard Examiner for Harvest Moon Festival, Ogden, UT
• The Louisiana Music Directory cover Commercial for The Saints from New Orleans, LA
- Louisiana Rising, Baton Rouge,LA Fundraising for flood victims
Dwayne Dopsie & The Zydeco Hellraisers have also been featured on Playboy's website and have numerous articles published in the New York Times, USA Today, and The Los Angeles Times. Dwayne has also graced the covers of Big City Blues Magazine, The Insiders Guide to Lovin' New Orleans: Visitor Magazine, and Offbeat Magazine.
Louisiana Rising ,Baton Rouge , LA