“America’s Hottest Accordion” winner, Dwayne Dopsie plays a unique, high energy style of zydeco. Dwayne hails from one of the most influential Zydeco families in the world. Although inspired by tradition, he has developed his own high energy style that defies existing stereotypes and blazes a refreshingly distinct path for 21st century Zydeco music. This singer/songwriter and accordionist has performed all over the world since debuting his band, Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers, at age 19.
Dwayne, born March 3, 1979 in Lafayette, Louisiana, was the last of eight children. Dwayne attributes his musical ablilities to his father, Rockin' Dopise, Sr., a pioneer of Zydeco music. As a small child, Dwayne was interested in the washboard, but quickly realized he had incredible talent with an accordion. He has played the accordion since age seven and states, "This is my calling - Zydeco music is in my blood and it is my heart and soul." As a tribute to his late father, the most influential person in his life, Dwayne plans to record an album of his Dad's greatest Zydeco hits.
Dwayne Dopsie and his Hellraisers have performed in 20 different countries and in hundreds of cities Bcause of the energy and power of the music they play, he has been winning different OFF BEAT MAGAZINE AWARDS for the last 6 years for best accordion, best zydeco artist, best zydeco band and best zydeco album. September 2016, He was on "Louisiana Rising" with Harry Connick Jr and Randy Jackson, performing their song for the flood victims called "Rollercoaster" which is one of the songs on their new cd, " Top of the Mountain" released in 2017 . And most recently Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers was nominated for a 2018 Grammy award, for the Best Regional Roots Music Album.
"Dwayne takes the instruments and traditions of zydeco to new levels infusing blues, soul and funk with a driving rub-board rhythm. The Zydeco Hellraisers’ sound is relentless, pulsating and funky, easily appealing to fans of all genres.” – Toledo City Paper
He has no competition in his genres, he's the Jimmy Hendrix of the accordion .-
Rolling Stone magazine
Media Highlights Include:
• The Dolly Parton Show
• CBS This Morning
• The Travel Channel
• Discovery Channel
• Good Morning America
• The Fox Television Network News
• Univision, Rio Das Ostras, Brasil
• Music for Nikki and Nora filmed in New Orleans to air on UPN Network.
• Programa JO in South America
• The Jamie Kennedy Show - Warner Network
• Block Magazine (Netherlands), Feature Story
• Rolling Stones Magazine, New Orleans Jazz Festival
• New Years Hurricane Katrina Benefit for Bear Necessities Cancer Fund
• Mardi Gras Cover Story: Orlando Sentinel, Orlando, FL
• Cover Story: Times-Picayune New Orleans Jazz Festival
• Jornal Do Brasil, Rio Das Ostras Jazz Festival Cover Story
• Cover Story: Standard Examiner for Harvest Moon Festival, Ogden, UT
• The Louisiana Music Directory cover Commercial for The Saints from New Orleans, LA
- Louisiana Rising, Baton Rouge,LA Fundraising for flood victims
Dwayne Dopsie & The Zydeco Hellraisers have also been featured on Playboy's website and have numerous articles published in the New York Times, USA Today, and The Los Angeles Times. Dwayne has also graced the covers of Big City Blues Magazine, The Insiders Guide to Lovin' New Orleans: Visitor Magazine, and Offbeat Magazine.
Louisiana Rising ,Baton Rouge , LA